Monday, March 2, 2015

Front Page Detective

At first I thought of calling this blog True Defective or Hardboiled Defective both after old crime magazines (and much later, the TV show True Detective which swiped its name from an old mag, too). Then I remembered that the artist Charles Burns had done a comic called Hardboiled Defective, so that was out. And it turns out things have been written about that HBO show using True Defective as a title. So, yeah, out with that. Then I thought about how I used to look through all the detective magazines at the drug store when I was a kid, most of the time while waiting for my brother to be done with a doctor appointment at the clinic across the street. Front Page Detective was one of my favorites, though, really, I got a kick out of them all. Probably warped my young mind a bit, too, but I'm good with that.

Having the word defective stuck in my craw for whatever reason, I decided to go with Front Page Defective because, for one thing, it scratches that itch, and for another, it's the one I've come up with that I like that most. It's not bad, and it's good enough.



No comments:

Post a Comment